London Associate Artists and Companies
Offering practical support to theatre artists, companies, creatives and writers in London
Applications closed for 2024
Applications are open to everyone! All we ask is that you are theatre makers/writers, based within London and can clearly demonstrate how being a London Associate will provide the transformative tools to enable you to take your work and craft to the next level. Our London Associate Artists are testament to the sheer breadth and diversity of theatre we support here at Pleasance.
All of our Associate Artists benefit from being part of one of London and Edinburgh’s most exciting theatres, renowned for its mission of providing a platform for the talent of the future. London Associate Artists also benefit from:
- 100% subsidised rehearsal space.
- Work and meeting space.
- Practical Mentoring.
- Programming and curating opportunities.
Aside from supporting our London Associate Artists with space, mentoring and other opportunities, they are also welcomed into the Pleasance community. In return our London Associate Artists acts as ambassadors for Pleasance, actively engaging with the theatre, the artists we support and our programme of work.
- Applications for the 2024 - 2026 intake are now closed.
- Submissions for 2025-2027 will open in November 2024.
- Click here to see a copy of the application form and questions, for reference only.
2023-25 London Associate Artists
2022-24 London Associate Artists
London Associate Artists Alumni
Nouveau Riche, Spies Like Us, Bric a Brac, Burnt Lemon, Paula Varjack, Ginger Johnson, Figs in Wigs, W I L D C A R D, Silent Faces, Fran Bushe, Kat Woods, Wound Up
- 'Being a Pleasance London Associate has been crucial in our progression as a company over the past few years. The Pleasance team have held us up, cheered us on and really really know their stuff!' Silent Faces
- 'The support we received on this scheme is invaluable. The Pleasance are one of our biggest allies in this industry and it's been such a blessing to be an associate of such a kind, caring and essential theatre building. So many theatre companies owe their career to the Pleasance and we are certainly one of them!' Lagahoo
'Being a Pleasance Associate Artist has, without a doubt, exceeded all of my expectations. The support and care I’ve received from the team have been unparalleled.' Lauren Silver, PlayWell
'Being an Associate Company of the Pleasance has been an absolute game changer in Part of the Main's development. Having a relationship with a supportive, knowledgeable team always ready to answer any questions has made the industry feel more accessible and achievable.' Part of the Main
- 'Being a Pleasance London Associate over the last year, during an extremely difficult period for theatre companies and artists has been invaluable to us. Their mentorship has meant we have been able to carefully assess and align our company's goals and values to create extremely successful productions!' Nouveau Riche
- 'Becoming a Pleasance Associate Artist has been, and continues to be, incredible. It has allowed me to explore my voice as a writer and performer, be supported by one of the most exciting theatres in London and allowed me to develop more work under the kind and generous guidance of Pleasance.' Katie Arnstein
- 'Being a Pleasance London Associates has been a fantastic opportunity and experience for us. The programme has given us access to incredible opportunities in London and Edinburgh.' Wildcard Theatre Company
- 'Being a London Associate has been an invaluable step in our careers. The team at Pleasance generously tuned into our personal goals and helped them flourish. On top of that, it's a fantastic networking opportunity!' Burnt Lemon
- 'Being an Associate Artist with the Pleasance for the past year has been one of the best things to happen to us as a company!' Bric a Brac Theatre
- 'Being an Associate Artist with the Pleasance has been a lifeline to my practice in the last 18 months, and a major support as we establish ourselves as a a new company in a crazy time.' Paula Varjack
- 'Being a Pleasance Associate Artist gave me the reassuring feeling that someone in the industry always had my back. It's great to know that there is always somewhere to turn to with questions about funding, development and venues when and if I need it.' Fran Bushe
- 'Being Pleasance Associate Artists is the most pleasant experience we've ever had! For some reason they've let us Little Wimmin into their Main House and we're presently feeling very at home here and supported.' Figs in Wigs